Senior Landscape Architect/Designer
CraftScape Creations is a design and build firm founded in 2018 in Los Angeles, CA. Our team merges luxury design with unparalleled construction expertise to turn your indoor-outdoor vision into reality.
Through innovative design and quality installations, our customized solutions will enhance your living and entertaining space while adding value to your property. With our unique design and top-notch installations, the possibilities are limitless. Our process is inclusive of both design and construction capabilities, making us your one-stop-shop for all your design and building needs. We live to create.
We are currently hiring for a highly creative Landscape Architect to join our rapidly growing design and build firm. As a Landscape Architect/Designer at CraftScape Creations, you will be a part of an entrepreneurial team servicing luxury residential clientele in Los Angeles, CA, predominantly within the San Fernando Valley.
You will be responsible for client communication, project management and design/architecture for the landscape portion of client projects. This is a full encompassing design position that will require you to oversee and execute throughout the lifecycle of a project. This includes communicating with clients to understand their goals, ideating and designing the space and drafting the accompanying documents and plans (presentation, layout, irrigation, lighting, planting and construction details).
In order to be considered, please submit a resume and portfolio that includes samples of your work in Landscape Architecture. We are looking to see detailed projects that include Design Development, Construction Documents, Details, Materials and Photos of completed projects.
- 2D AND 3D LANDSCAPING AND DESIGN (PLEASE INCLUDE SAMPLES OF BOTH IN YOUR PORFOLIO)
- Drafting, site-plans to scale, intricate landscape designs, 3d modeling (2D to finished rendering)
- Conduct site analysis and create a base map to assess existing conditions
- Develop feasible, innovative and sustainable landscape designs and solutions that meet the needs and preferences of clients
- Manage all facets of the project’s process including Architectural drafting, conducting revisions, educating the customer when necessary and meeting strict timeline and deadlines for each stage of the project
- Prepare and present design concepts, plans and visualizations to Design Lead for review and approval (including 2D plans and 3D digital drawings)
- Collaborate with internal team, including build and reality capture teams, to ensure alignment on project objectives and deliverables
- Produce detailed construction documents including hardscape layout plans, grading/drainage plans, planting, lighting/irrigation plans and construction details
- Coordinate with contractors during the construction phase to ensure compliance with design plans
- Conduct periodic on-site observations during construction to monitor compliance with plans and address any issues that arise
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices and advancements in landscape architecture technology and techniques
- Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE)
- Highly creative individual
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in residential landscape design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited institution
- Proficiency in 3DS MAX, AUTOCAD, Google Suite, Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), SketchUp, Revit, Land F/X
- Experience with GIS (Geographic Information System) softwares for site analysis and mapping
- Knowledge of zoning regulations, building codes and environmental regulations related to landscape architecture
- Experience in creating sustainable and environmentally-friendly landscape designs
- Familiarity with plant material availability and selection in the local area
- Strong understanding of grading, drainage and irrigation principles in landscape design
- Ability to collaborate with other design professionals, such as architects, civil engineers and contractors
- Familiarity with construction materials and techniques used in landscape architecture
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply design thinking to different scenarios and disciplines
- Possess a compelling portfolio with a variety of work
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally visit a project at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
CraftScape Creations is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legal protected status.