Intern - Engineering Project Management
NJ TRANSIT Seeking
Intern - Engineering Project Management (Summer 2024)
NJ TRANSIT is the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking for talented students to hire for our Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ TRANSIT, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several business units within NJ TRANSIT. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others.
Objective of this role:
At NJ TRANSIT, you'll join the third-largest transportation agency in North America and aid us in our goal of providing safe, reliable service that gets customers to their destinations on time. As part of those efforts the Capital Programs department is seeking a Summer 2024 Intern to keep projects on track and moving forward.
Assists Project Managers with various tasks including:
· Scope of Work development.
· Reviewing consultant and contractor plans, specifications, and invoices.
· Coordinating with outside review agencies, Construction Management, and Contractors.
· Preparing Board items for approval.
· Organizing project files and schedules.
· Site Visits
Skills and Qualifications:
· Currently enrolled Junior or Senior (graduation date August 2024 or later), preferably in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Architecture, or related field.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong time management skills
· Ability to stay well organized
- On-site, mainly office with some site visits/field work
- Approximate Hours Per Week: Students can work up to 40 hours per week through the 10-week summer internship
When applying please complete the entire application;
incomplete applications will not be considered.
Also, please upload your resume to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $18-$28
Move forward with us at NJ Transit!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2021, 2022 & 2023
New Jersey Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer